Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Last 45 Days


The Last 45 days have been....well pretty crazy.
After returning from our loop through the western U.S. (AZ. to S.D. and back to NV.) we tried to gain a sense of normalcy in our lives, knowing that our sense of normalcy is indeed abnormal to those outside looking in.

Phil, Amanda & Emma (PAE) seem to have settled in quite well to their home in SLC, UT. Before they moved we had an opportunity to spend allot of time with Emma. It was a very deep sense of lose when they left. Last week we (Brenda & I ) made a special effort to call PAE to specifically talk to Emma. When Phil answered the phone and I asked for Emma, he said "Emma, its Popo on the phone and he wants to talk to you." I could her thrill as she came running to the phone. "Hi Popo, where's Nana" I immediately knew where I stood but we began to carry on a conversation that lasted several minutes. She is so excited about her school and Halloween. Amazing how much conversation you can have with a 3 yr. old. She is very bright and intelligent and so full of orneriness, you can see it in her deep brown eyes. As you might can tell we miss her very much. Oh yeah.... we miss Phil & Amanda too!

Austin, Danielle, Ashlynn & Aiden (ADAA) Sounds like a Federal Agency.... doesn't it?
We are so grateful to have them near us, even though we tease them about living in Calif. They live on very south side of town. In reality its only about 8 or 9 miles to their house but with all the road construction and traffic it can take up to 30 min or more. Anyway... Sundays are a great day for me because after church we have family dinner and ADAA all come to the house. It is such a joy to hear them come in and Ashlynn shouting with innocent, meaningful glee "Popo !!" and she comes running to get her hug and kiss as I shout "My Princess!". Then not far behind her is the biggest little guy, Aiden who shouts "Popo!" and gives me a kiss and a hug while still keeping his Mom within eye shot. I especially like when he says "wub you" while giving his own sign language version of love you.












Chelsea, Curtis, Caleb, MaKenna & Mason?(soon to be). We'll go with the algebraic equation of
(3c+2m)=x (x= a happy family). After the (3c+2m) moved to Phoenix I called my mother and apologized to her for moving some of her grandkids 1200 miles away back when they were younger. I now understood how we must have ripped my Mom & Dad's hearts out. Thats what it felt like to me anyway. Since then they haved moved to Rapid City S.D. (Rat City) as Caleb calls it. Caleb is all boy cause he not only knows his "Popo" but Popo's truck. Everytime he sees a red or maroon suburban he says "Popo's truck!" He was so excited when we were helping them move to Rat City to get to ride in the moving truck with Popo! Although this picture doesnt show that excitement, once the newness wears off the truck ride can lull any little guy to sleep. Popo loves spending time with him.

Now our little Kenners, The Tulip Princess as you see in the photo... I refer to her as an independent little cuss. She is so cute I just wanna hold her and snuggle with her but she is just determined to do things her way and on her time. Thats ok though. Allot of it is that I have just not been able to spend time with her like I have with the other grandkids because of the land distance between us. I think once shes a little older and not so glued to "Mom" I be able to persuade her or coax maybe is the right word. I was telling Brenda that I thought this picture of Kenna looks allot like one of my baby pictures.

We love our Grandbabies very much, equally and without prejudice. They display the innocence of childhood and that could only come from our loving Father in Heaven. For I know we are all children of God and that there are great things in store for each and all of his children. Amen.

3 comments:

The Fleming Family said...

I can't imagine how you must feel dad. Not only kids but grandkids leaving? I hate spending my day at work cuz I'm afraid that I'll miss something my kids say or do. I'm glad that you make it a point to have a special relationship with each and everyone of us. We love you padre'!

Amanda Fleming said...

You have no idea how much we miss you guys! Emma was just thrilled you called her. For two days after you called she was pretending to talk to you on her play phone. She is growing up so fast! Hope all is well. We love you!

CJMsquared+6 said...

Emma, Aiden, and Ashes look so BIG... I feel like I am missing so much living so far away! Can't imagine how you feel. Sorry I moved my babies so far away. Guess you'll just have to move to SD! :) Love you... and miss you just as much if not more than you miss me and my family.